Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wednesday 24-09-2008

We filled out our acceptance letters, signed them, and I took them to Bishop Greth for his signature.
He signed them (though he said he did so reluctantly) and then we talked for a long time, trying to find an answer to my home teachee, Karon Guiterrez’s question:
Where does it say that a woman can be married in the next life if she had no chance for it in this?
We finally decided that she would have to be satisfied with:
(Book of Mormon Moroni 10:5)
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.
I went home, and Jackie and I swam and watched two episodes of The West Wing.
In the evening I went to community chorus. It meets at the Presbyterian church and there will only be one concert on December 14 at 1400 (2:00 pm), obviously a Christmas concert.
As we were singing about the wise men, I felt a strong desire to tell them all about Nephi, Lehi, and Samuel, the Lamanite, and why I believe they were the three wise men. But I also felt a strong impression to hold my peace, since they would not understand. After all, I am the only Latter-day Saint in the chorus.

No comments: