Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sunday 21-09-2008

We picked up Ruth at 0815 and drove to Ed & Ann’s church arriving at 0850.
Enjoyed participating in high priests class re the plan of salvation.
I was amused, (as were many of them) that the elders quorum was challenging them to a game of flag football. The group leader asked if anyone would volunteer to captain the team. No one was responding, so I volunteered to captain their team, telling them that I would be leaving next morning and going back to Oregon. J
Sacrament meeting: Heather read a fine talk. I think she will be a fine missionary and will learn a lot about the Savior in the process.
We attended the back yard open house for Heather as she prepares to serve her mission to Dallas Texas.
I talked a long time with Lora & Robert and shared some of my ideas. I usually don’t feel free to discuss them, but I felt impressed to do so. It pleased me that they were appreciative.
We drove Ruth home and then almost fell asleep driving the few blocks to Jared’s condo.
Kathy Shykes’ son, Nick, called us about taking the dog, named Merle, back to Oregon with us. Kathy is a new member of the Church in our ward and was in my Gospel Principles Sunday School class. Her previously estranged husband, Bob, was visiting her, and attended for the first time with her last Sunday, and when I mentioned we would be going to Utah the next week, he and Kathy literally begged me to bring them their dog. After talking to Jackie, we decided to do them the service, provided their son bring the dog to us between 4:00 and 5:00 a.m. on Monday morning. Nick said that would be no problem, since he gets off work at 2:00 a.m. I gave him directions to Jared’s condo, and he agreed to be there at the appointed time.
I then took a much needed nap.
At 8:00 p.m. we had family devotional. Our lesson was Elder Bednar’s general conference talk and 2Nephi 18:20, both about prayer.

No comments: