Sunday, January 11, 2009

Thursday 01 (Happy New Year)
We role played less active members. We played ourselves when I tried inactivity years ago.
I was particularly impressed with the other missionaries’ counsel.
Sister Sharp (widow) and Sister Turner (divorcee) counseled me to quit trying to find peace and happiness from my relationship with my wife, rather, it can only come from my relationship with my Heavenly Father.
(Book of Mormon Alma 26:22)
22 Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance.
We then counseled Sisters Burke and Elliot, who played her brother and his Catholic wife.
We worked an hour in the Referral Center, taking calls from TV ads. We each got one call.
I don’t know why, but it was scary until we got started. Then it was fun...For me.
We listened to two successful RSMs (Woloff & Faust) who served in Finlay, Australia
"Don’t tract. It causes more enemies than friends or converts. Do community service. Get involved."
Spanish tutoring: Two tutors, Jade Adams and Amy Alborne.
They closed their eyes and allowed us to direct them in Spanish around the building and up and down stairs.

No comments: