Friday, December 26, 2008

Sunday 14
I awoke at 0430 this morning. I was only able to get back to sleep at 0530 until 0600.
I kept having that poem I wrote several weeks ago going through my mind.
When people are playing with fire,
It isn’t hate that motivates
My demand that they desist.
When people play with fire,
Generally speaking, they who play
Aren’t the only ones burnt to a crisp.
I went to PEC, as usual, feeling unprepared. But Bishop was prepared for me. Everyone else, too.
We made a good start on a new ward mission plan. Pres. Sturtevant came and helped, too.
They looked like they all want to make a go of it regardless of my leaving.
I led the music in sacrament meeting. It went well until the last song when I lost my voice.
I enjoyed Jackie’s SS lesson. She showed the Joy to the World DVD.
We skipped priesthood and RS to get ready for the FCC concert.
We came home and I got dressed in my chorus uniform.
I had a lunch of raisin bread and hot lemon honey drink. It helped somewhat.
At the FEC they had bottles of water. I took one. It helped a little, but the phlegm persisted.
I got an impression to take a Breath Saver. It did the trick. The phlegm disappeared.
It was a good concert, and I think I felt the presence of my Mom & Dad. I was thankful for that.
I came home and changed and worked on ward choir music.
Jackie and I listened to Music & the Spoken Word.

No comments: