Friday, December 26, 2008

I am posting pertinent selections from my journal diary.

Wednesday 10
My Psalm 46: Excel Vie.

Cursed is he that trusts in man,
And blessed who trusts in God.
Blessed who seeks for God’s reward,
And not for mortals’ nod.

Ask not those who do not know,
Who only can opine.
Knowledge seek from God’s own lips.
‘Tis there you’ll surely find.

Knock on Jesus’ holy door;
It shall be opened broad.
Call not on the mind of man.
“Be still, and know I’m God.”


Maldito él que confía en el hombre,
Bendito que en Dios confía.
Que busca de Él el galardón.
No sean mortales su guía.

No preguntéis al que no sabe,
Que solo opinar puede.
Conocimiento pedid de Dios.
Que es el único fuente.

En la amplia puerta de Dios llamad
La mente mortal desechad.
“Conoced que Yo soy Dios,
Y siempre quietos estad.”


I awoke with that poem going through my mind, so I wrote it down.
Then I remembered that I needed to do the tutoring session spiritual thought. I translated it.
That took most of the morning.
I took a 45 minute walk.
Spanish tutoring.
I went to Florence Community Chorus at 1800. They were waiting for me.
Bob Hefty told me he had given me the wrong scripture. He will call and give me the right one.
So I wrote the poem for reasons I know not.
I listened to the FCC music on my NWC program.

No comments: